Meet My Mario Maurer Lookalike Swimming Instructor!



Mario Maurer is a Thai heartthrob actor who becomes popular in the country after leading in the movies like "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," "Love of Siam," "Pee Mak," and "Suddenly It's Magic." He already visited the country thrice to promote his movies and the local clothing brand wherein he is the endorser. I already met and mingled with him in person. But due to certain circumstances, I didn't got a chance to have a photo opt with him! :(    

During our merman photoshoot for Manila Ocean Park's Mermaid Swim Experience, I got a swimming instructor with a face so familiar. Yes, he has a great resemblance with the Thai actor Mario Maurer. He even look and speaks like our very own actor Enchong Dee. His name is Gibran Karl Alonzo or you may simply call him as GK.      

If his face is familiar to me because he has a lookalike actors, he was the first one who told me, "you look familiar." Unknowingly, we already friends in Facebook right before we met! Nice! 

As I have said in my previous post, being a merman is fun and hard at the same time specially to the one like me who has no talent in swimming. What more, my feet were tight in a fish's tail making the swimming moves more difficult. Yes, I really felt nervous because I didn't know how to swim and to float my body in the water. But this feeling was lessen because of GK His kindness and patience broke the barriers!      

He kept on teaching me the right way to swim and how to float on water. But still, I didn't listen and kept on insisting that I can't. "Magtiwala ka sa'kin, hindi ka lulubog..." But still, I didn't follow him because I'm still nervous with water.

Even though I'm a disobedient child in terms of swimming, he didn't left me and still help me overcome my fear. There was even a time that I accidentally hurt him dahil sa katigasan ng aking ulo. But still, his patience, kindness, and friendliness prevailed. He carried me to our starting location because I can't swim and float!  

Here are some of our  behind-the-scene photos after our 'pahirapan sa paglangoy' moments: 





Actually, GK is a Sharks and Rays Trainer in Manila Ocean Park. Then, he was also assign as a mermaid / merman swimming instructor in this place's special attraction. Thanks God that he was assigned to me!  

Prior to working here at Manila Ocean Park as a swimming instructor of sharks, rays, mermaids, and mermen, GK worked in Singapore as a manager of a huge burger company. He is also a part-time freelance model. He already appeared in the different print ad campaigns of famous clothing lines. I got amaze seeing his many creative, artistic, and hot modelling photos in FB and Instagram.

Not only because he looks like Mario Maurer, I admire GK because of his attitude. His character and quality as a person in and out were truly adorable! I'm proud that I met him in person! No wonder why I love to have more and more photos with him!

Thanks much GK and keep up the good work! See you again soon! (RCB)

Follow Me on Twitter: @rockenroll_04
Follow Me on Instagram: @rockenroll_04 

Comments