My Choice for the Netizens' Choice Awards for Most Favorite TV Station is...


TV is truly part of every Filipino's life. It seems that our day is incomplete without television. News, TV series, documentary programs, or entertainment shows were all provided by TV every day. 

I admit that I am an avid television fan. Even though I'm always in front of my laptop in my room, I still didn't forget to tune in to my favorite TV station.

 Thanks that the three widely followed blogsites namely the LionHearTV, the Showbiznest, and the Starmometer came up with a writing project called the Netizens' Choice Awards which gives recognition to the TV networks and TV programs via results of the netizens' online votes.  

This blog which is Bits of Rocks is choosing the Kapuso network, GMA-7 to be the "Bloggers' Choice for the Most Favorite TV Station.



You may wonder why me, a homegrown Kapamilya is voting to its rival network, it's simply because, I'm putting my eyes on the other side of competition.

GMA-7 is best in giving documentary and news program. This is their strength which other networks can't surpass. That's why their documentary and news programs always triumphant in the different worldwide competitions like in the New York Festival. They even started the very first news channel free on local TV which is the NewsTV Channel 11.

I am a born journalist way back in my school days. From elementary to college, I became an editor in our school newspapers not to mention that I became a successful Managing Editor for four consecutive years in our College official publication. That is the reason why my heart is for GMA-7 for this aspect of broadcasting. Their strength in delivering news and documentary programs is the one that I very much appreciated.    

On the lighter side, did you know that my first celebrity photos (using a digicam) took together with the GMA-7 anchors?! Yup, that were my photos with Rhea Santos and Ivan Mayrina way back in 2004 during one of our publication's events! I posted those photos in the previous social networking site Friendster. Hopefully I can share them again with you here in my blog!      

GMA-7 also gave justice with great special effects to telefantasyas like "Mulawin" and "Darna" (2006) on TV which paved way to my College love-life patterned after Angel Locsin  and Richard Gutierrez!   

These are some of the reasons why I bet for GMA-7 in this category? How about yours?! Can you share it with us?! (RCB)

Comments