Food Bits: Get to Know 'Kare-Kareng Bagnet!'

Kare-Kare is one of my favorite ulam. I love the kare-kare made with pata or twualya (beef's internal part). Yes, this very own Pinoy favorite comes in different types or in different flavors. At first, I thought that kare-kare comes only in two (that I mentioned above). But actually, there's more!        
On Friday night, I met Kare-Kareng Bagnet in Tambayan Sa Kanto. And it tastes awesome! 

Well before I eat this yummy dish, I took first photos of it so that I can share it with you. So, feed your appetite and crave below: 



Bagnet is a crunchy pork's liempo. It is usually fried ala-lechon kawali or serves as a topping of lugaw. But this time, I found and tasted a new recipe for bagnet. That is via my favorite kare-kare.  

Kare-Kareng Bagnet was served with a saucy peanut sauce. Veggies like sitaw, talong (eggplant), and puso ng saging were mixed into it.

Served hot and freshly cooked, I couldn't helped myself to eat it! I even took home some to share it with my mother and brother. Just like me, they started to love this new breed of kare-kare

I truly salute Tambayan Sa Kanto for serving us a very Filipino cuisines like this! They are truly lifting up the Filipinos now in terms of serving our signature dishes, the regional favorite Pinoy foods.

Want to taste more?! Well, visit and dine in Tambayan Sa Kanto located at the ground floor of The Podium, Ortigas Center, Pasig City. Aside from Pinoy recipes, you can also enjoy great music every Friday and Saturday nights via Acoustic Nights featuring different artists.   

Two thumbs up Tambayan Sa Kanto, the place I love to hangout! (RCB) 

Comments