Remembering 'The Mother Of Democracy'

Her reign still continue 'till the end! People put her in power...people still with her up to the last. Cory Aquino truly leave a remarkable legend, an inspiring legacy in the pages of Philippine History!

The President During My Childhood


My Tribute Songs to Cory in My Other Blog


Way back in February 25, 1986 when people put her in presidency, I was only a 2-year old boy. As a little boy during that period, I was not that aware of the historic event happening around me. I only became a Philippine History curious when I enter school at a very young age leading me to love reading History and Culture books. Until later on, in High School and College, I finally become a Philippine and World History Quizzer not to mention receiving different awards and citations as 'Best in Social Studies', 'Best in Philippine History', and 'Best in World History' topping them all!

Being a history lover and quizzer, the legacy and contributions of President Cory Aquino were all kept in my mind, books, and my notes. They were always part of my answers in every Quiz Bee that I joined!

Well from 1986 to 1992, I also experienced her administration. Yeah, from Kinder to Grade 2 in my schooling covered her terms.

Tie A Yellow Ribbon


I Have Fallen In Love withthe Same Woman Three Times

I was aware and I also experienced some of the threats and hardships she faced during her administration. 'Kudeta', half-day brownouts, 'Pinatubo' Eruptions, and the July 16, 1990 Earthquake were some of the difficulties we all encountered during that time. Thanks God, I was not born during the Martial Law regime! I was also aware of the so-called, "Cory's Magic" which put all the people together.

So to pay tributes to our 'Mother of Democracy', I alloted my two posts in my other blog site, 'Rhythm of The Rock'. The first one was the oldies hit song, "Tie a Yellow Ribbon", which was themed during the return of Ninoy in our country. And the second one was the poem written by Ninoy to Cory summarizing their love story entitled "I Have Fallen In Love (With the Same Woman Three Times)" then eventually sang by Jose Mari Chan and became part of his album.

Cory's Trade Mark

The Legacy of Cory Printed in Philippine History

But still these things were not that all enough to return back all the good deeds Cory gave to our country. Imagine without her courage and fighting spirits, maybe 'till now we were all still in the dark iron hands of Martial Law and Power Greediness! I also admired her being a religious woman who always pray and seek the help of our Lord. Cory being a mother and a leader is truly the best!

Together with the million people who salute, love, and respect Cory and in the name of the Philippines, all I can say...THANK YOU VERY MUCH PRESIDENT CORY! We all love and salute you...!!!

Comments