The Feast of San Juan Bautista

Today, June 24, we are celebrating the feast of San Juan Bautista. If I'm not mistaken, this is the day when Jesus Christ was baptized by San Juan in the river of Jordan. That's why when you get along ridding a jeepney in the City of San Juan or in Manila, you will be poured by water! Or maybe today is his birthday?! Hmmm...

Yup, this is the tradition I most remember way back again in my childhood days. I remember when I was a 5-year old kid, me, my father, and my mother went to church ridding in a jeepney. We were got wet by the people on the road as they poured water in our jeepney. We need then to change our wet clothes!

And did you also know that in this same day my mom is celebrating her birthday?! Yup, today is also the birthday of my mother! And right now she is preparing foods for us. My nephew and my aunties were already in our home today to celebrate our mom's birthday!

And besides my mom, my friend and my co-editor in our college student publication named Edlee is also celebrating his 26TH birthday today. "Pa-burger ka Pre...!" Even my look-alike actor, Mr. John Lloyd Cruz is also celebrating his birthday today!

Well, it seems that there's a lot to celebrate today! Birthdays of my mom, my friend Edlee, my look-alike actor Lloydie, and San Juan Bautista in addition to the regular holiday in the City of San Juan and Manila.

Therefore, allow me to give greetings to all of them! To my mother, Edlee, Lloydie, and San Juan Bautista...

"Happy Birthdays!" C",)

Comments