I Am Now an ISTQB Certified Software Engineer!



September 10, 2012 is another milestone in my career. This is the date when I passed one of the important board exam and certification in our profession. This is the ISTQB or the International Software Testing Qualifications Board! This is an International Certification in the field of software testing engineering!

All the hardships in terms of time pressure, peer pressure, and overnight reviews during weekends were now turned to a sweet fruit that I'm starting to enjoy!

I had a very little time to have my own review for this certification. We had a month-long Monday review sessions for this certification but because of my too busy schedules, I wasn't able to attend most of the sessions! I've just got a serious review last week, one hour every after work and a full blast last Saturday and Sunday!

Thank God, I didn't only passed the exam, I even got a high score!



The examination is a computer-based exam consisting of 40 difficult questions. The passing score is 26 points or 65%. I got an overall correct answer of 30 points or 75%! Wow!

Above were the pictures of my examination result right after the exam. My certification will be given to us six to eight weeks now!

ISTQB certification is an International Board Exam! It is recognize all over the world in our field of Software Engineer. Certification represents recognition of a particular individual’s professional competence. It is prestige for the individual and a competitive advantage over non-certified individuals in the same field. Many companies consider ISTQB certification as a plus point for employees during appraisals. And during employee recruitment here and abroad, many companies prefer certified employees over non certified employees!

On my next post, I will share with you more of my success story pertaining to this prestige international certification. Thank you Lord for this another great blessing! c",)

Comments