New Year Beliefs and Superstitions!


Hours to go and we will embracing the coming of another year. And during these times, different beliefs and superstitions were practiced by our family.   

I really grew up with these beliefs every new year. And we follow these Filipino new year's practice to push away 'malas' and let the 'swerte' come in! 

I list down some of the "Pinoy Pamahiin" every new year. Which of these do you follow and which are not?! I list them down in Filipino dialect:


1. Pagsusuot ng Polka Dots (my mom does).

2. Pagpapaputok (a big NO! But a big YES after new year or in ordinary times)!

3. Pag-kumpleto sa isang-dosenang prutas (a big quest to all of us to complete).

4. Pagpapagulong ng mga bilog na prutas (we laughed every time my mom does).

5. Pagsasabog ng mga barya sa lahat ng sulok ng bahay (then my brother steal it afterwards).

6.  Pagpapa-apaw ng tubig sa balde (I wonder how much water was lost).

7. Pagtalon habang nagpapalit ang taon (well, it's not anymore applicable in my case).

8. Paglalagay ng bills sa wallet (I did even not in New Year).

9. Paghahanda ng marami sa hapag (we always do even not in New Year).

10. Pag-iingay ng todo in any means ( radio and kaldero will do)!    
    

And of course, we stay in our home in welcoming the new year!

These are some of those practices I knew. What else can you add?! Do you also believe in those things listed?!

Happy New Year Everyone! 2013 Here It Comes! (RCB)

Comments