Ms. Gina Pareño: From "Lola Gets" to "Lolaine!"


Finally, I met in person the very famous "Lola Gets,"  the award-winning veteran actress Ms. Gina Pareño! Ms. Gina is now playing "Lolaine," the grandmother of Coco Martin in the hit Primetime superhero TV series "Juan Dela Cruz."

Actually, Ms. Gina reunited with Coco in the said teleserye. And this is now their third TV series together! They first worked together in the 2009 hit drama series "Tayong Dalawa" where Gina grabbed the title of "Lola Gets." Year after, they once more played the characters of grandma and grandson in another hit "Kung Tayo'y Magkakalayo." Now after three years, Coco and Ms. Gina reunited for this hit fantaserye.

Right after the celebrity advanced screening of "Juan Dela Cruz" in SM Megamall, I got an opportunity to talk with Ms. Gina. And here is our video clip:



Ms. Gina is really an ideal lola! Though they were only "mag-lola" onscreen, Gina really treats Coco as her real apo! Me too, I like Ms. Gina to be my lola! My lola already died 14 years ago. And yes, I'm also close with my grandma!

The character of Ms. Gina truly adds spice to "Juan Dela Cruz." She put humor to the show. Thumbs up Lola Gets! (RCB)

Comments