Dear Survivor: I Triumph the Challenging Times!

Dear Survivor,

 

How are you today? Are you still doing fine? It's already more than one year now that we are staying at home, wearing face mask and face shield, and having our alcohols as our 'bestfriend' taking them in our bags whenever we go. Yeah, I write you this letter to formally and personally congratulate you for surviving and reigning triumphant in these trying times!

 

Covid-19 conquers the whole world, but you never let it conquer you! Thank you God for never letting me alone in fighting this crisis therefore until now, I'm still here strong and fighting writing this letter with full of will and inspirations!

 

Today, I want to enumerate in this simple letter what pandemic brought me... those great things to be thankful for, and the changes making my life better and grateful making me as an Ultimate Survivor in these trying times!

 


So without further ado, let's start counting our blessings!

 

1.  Learning New Things Specially Cooking!

 

I really love to eat! We even tried different dishes and delicacies from different restos before pandemic. But did you know that this pandemic brought me more to kitchen not to eat but do most of the cooking?! Yes, I learn to cook during this period! And I already cooked most of my favorite foods such as sinigang, dinengdeng, tinola, adobo (with a twist), goto, and more variations of my favorite seafood! 

 

Since I'm staying at home most of the time, I've learned the art of cooking! And I'm proud to say that my output tastes one of the best (even surpassed the taste of the foods we often ask to be delivered). In fact, I already did my cooking vlogs sharing my very own "How To Cook Recipe"  to my viewers on my YouTube channel. And here are two of my cooking videos:

 



  Well if you have time to visit my place, I'll let you taste some of my cooking! :)) 


2. Turning Officially As a "Plantito" Making My Roof Top as a Sky Garden!

 

Many people turning to a plantito or plantita is not anymore a new story  to most of us during pandemic. But what my story makes unique with the others is that, I was able to transform my roof top  into an all-green 'Sky Garden' with a newly installed artificial grass!

So without further talks, I'll tour you then to my gardening accomplishment. Here they go:

 

 
 



Stay tune 'cause I'll be raising more new plants on the coming days! :))

 

3. Discovering My Talent in Singing!


Yeah, I am a shy type of person. I can't dance or sing in public. But this pandemic gave me more 'kapal ng mukha' in Social Media! I've discovered that I have a talent in singing... that I can sing actually! 

 

While everyone got crazy over TikTok,  I built my career in the WeSing app. I did my own covers of many of the hit songs. And these are some the samples:  

 

 
 

 
 


Sorry if I made your ears burst! Will train and perform more next time! :)) 


4. Getting Hooked with Thai Series and Movie!

 

While everyone is on KDramas, I'm on Thai dramas! This pandemic brought my heart to Thailand! I got hooked with different Thai series and Thai movies! I became a huge fan boy of many Thai actors. In fact, I already know more about Thai actors rather than KPop artists. And yes, I am more updated with Thai actors that with our own local showbiz!  

 

My YouTube vlog then was re-tagged as "Bringing Thailand Closer to You Heart" as I gave more updates about Thai artists than with the local Pinoy celebrities. These videos were some of the proofs:

 



 
 
If you want to know more about Thai series, movies, or even their actors, don't hesitate to ask me and I'm glad to share you more!

5. Got New Sets of Collection . . . Got Addicted to Thai Merch!

 

Sawadee Khap!  This pandemic truly converted my heart into Thai! Aside from getting hooked with the Thai series and Thai celebrities, I also got addicted buying different Thai Merch straight from Thailand! These add to the wide range of my collections!

 

I'm not yet done with my unboxing of my lovely Thai merchs, but here are photo glimpse of some of those new collections:

 




 
Once I've unboxed them all, I'll share them with you!
 
6. More Exciting Celebrity Virtual Interviews!
 
Pandemic didn't prohibited me to do my passion - to interview different celebrities and attend more events!  
 
Even I'm staying at home for more than one year now, I'm still able to attend events and interview different personalities virtually! Here are some of my recent virtual interviews making me more in-demand as a blogger / vlogger and online worthy:
 
 
 


   

If you want to ask your favorite local celebrities, well, don't hesitate to approach me and I'll ask them for your during my exclusive interviews! :))

7. Getting Trusted by More Brands and PRs, Able to Review More Products!
 
Staying at home also gave me more opportunities to review and unbox more products! Different brands and PRs also sent me more gifts gaining their trust.  
 
Let these some of the photos speak:
 




   
And of course, here are some of my unboxing and review vlogs:
 
 
 



 
These are some of the great things pandemic had brought me. Instead of making myself bored or problematic because of the crisis happening all over the world, I made myself more worthy and productive discovering different new things! And with that, I can proudly say that I am an Ultimate Survivor... still living and kicking!!!  

Congrats Rocky! I'm so proud of you! I didn't only write this letter to appreciate your fighting spirit but to give an inspiration and spread good vibes to everyone! "Su Su Na Krub" (means "Keep on Fighting" in Thai)! 

 
Sincerely Yours,
Rocky Batara aka Runner Rocky
 
 

 

This story is an entry to ComCo Southeast Asia’s “Write to Ignite Blogging Project Season 2: Dear Survivor”. The initiative continues to respond to the need of our times, as every story comes a long way during this period of crisis.  The initiative aims to pull and collate powerful stories from the Philippine blogging communities to inspire the nation to rise and move forward amidst the difficult situation. The “Write to Ignite Blogging Project” Season 2 is made possible by ComCo Southeast Asia, with Eastern Communications and Jobstreet as co-presenters, with AirAsia and Xiaomi as major sponsors, and with Teleperformance as sponsor.


 

Thank you and hope I inspire you with this letter! 07/10/2021 (Bits of Rocks)


Follow Me on Instagram@therunnerrocky

Follow Me on Twitter@therunnerrocky

Subscribe to My YouTube Channels: RunnerRocky and Bitsofrocks

Like My Fanpage on Facebookwww.facebook.com/BitsOfRocks

Send Me Emailrockenroll_04@yahoo.com

 

Comments